There are a number of features on this website to assist visitors to access our content.
Text resizing buttons
A the top of each page we have provided a button that enables website visitors to increase the font size used on this website. Click on the button to make text bigger or smaller.
Allow for users to skip navigation and go straight to the page content via use of tab keys.
We followed a list of accessibility guidelines when putting together this website and its content. This includes:
- Maintain a standard layout and navigation system throughout;
- Use headings, paragraphs, lists and other HTML (HyperText Markup Language) to create a logical document structure;
- Allow visitors to resize all text;
- Use plain backgrounds to improve the readability of text;
- Use foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast;
- Use alt attributes on all images and ensure that all alt, and title attributes are meaningful;
- Design layouts to work satisfactorily at a range of screen resolutions;
- Design the layout so that non mouse users are easily able to navigate the website;
- Ensure all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text, avoiding short-hand language like ‘Click here’.